Have you been waiting to upgrade to central A/C? The best time to get rid of your window unit is always sooner than later. Ductless air conditioners come with some advantages and many disadvantages. It’s important to take action and upgrade when the system begins to shut down before you start paying for repairs.
Advantages of Having a Window Unit
There are a few advantages of having a window unit, and since they are so popular their prices are always affordable and they are easy to find. Some of the other advantages of having a window unit include:
- Low noise output
- High efficiency (when properly installed and maintained)
- No intervention water draining from the exterior of the unit
- Versatile placement in windows and wall holes
- Extracts all hot air and exchanges it with cool air
- Smaller units cool 100-300 square feet
- Larger units can cool up to 650 square feet
Disadvantages of Having a Window Unit
Although there are a few pros to having a window unit, the cons definitely outweigh the positives. Here are a few reasons why you should consider upgrading to central air conditioning:
- Huge security risk
- Windows will stay blocked by the unit
- Not all windows support air conditioners
- Likelihood of units falling out of the window is common
- Installation is tricky even when done by a professional
- Appearance is distracting and obstructing
- Water dripping from the exterior of the unit causes rust
- If inconveniently placed, the exterior debris dripping from the unit could lead to multiple problems
- Only cools a small space
- The panel placements allow more warm air to enter your home
Reasons to Upgrade
If you are thinking about selling your home then you may have to invest in central air conditioning, especially in Florida. Many buyers or renters consider window units to be a deal-breaker. Not only are they unattractive but they aren’t as efficient as they seem. Contrary to the belief that their efficiency is saving you money on utilities, the costs of maintaining and repairing window units exceed their long-term benefits.
Consider your Health
Your window unit could be doing more damage than you think depending on the age of it. Window units are not as effective in filtering out allergens and also host the perfect environment for mold and bacteria to grow. This could pose serious threats to your health and can also trigger allergies.
Know who to Contact
If you’re ready to take action and upgrade to a new HVAC system then contact Freezing Mechanical today. With 0% interest we’re prepared to make your family’s happiness, health and comfort our top priority!