There are different types of air conditioners suitable for installing in the home; however, for reasons of space, cost, and installation, many users choose to use centralized air conditioners to take advantage of its benefits.
Is a central air conditioner better than one in the window?
At Freezing Mechanical we believe so, and it is our recommendation after more than 25 years of experience serving clients in South Florida and Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
Central air conditioning is a system that works throughout the house through ducts. The condenser unit is located outside the home while the heater is usually kept inside a closet or in the garage. The ducts are connected from the heater through the attic.
A central air conditioner has multiple advantages over other HVAC units.
Advantages of Central Air Conditioning
- Firstly, the main advantage of having ducted air conditioning is the ability to heat more than one room. In this way, you will be saving the cost of installing more than one unit.
- Central air systems is ideal to safeguard the aesthetics anywhere, creating a comfortable environment without anyone noticing that there is a unit running producing hot or cold. The only place it is displayed is the vents through which it vents. The aesthetics of the rooms are not altered, leaving everything elegant and compact.
- A central air unit is acoustically quieter although the most modern Split air conditioning systems have greatly improved in this regard.
- A central air system works for the entire home, while the window units are only strong enough for a small area, which means that to heat an entire home, each area will need its own unit.
- A central air conditioning is a system designed to cool and heat the entire home to a designated temperature on the thermostat and can be programmed to air condition on a schedule.
- It allows a unique control of all the rooms involved in the system, making it practical to adjust according to the outdoor climate.
- It has a greater efficiency than conventional systems, since the air distribution is homogeneous in the environment.
- Central air systems are a popular choice for homeowners because they are convenient, efficient, and durable.